Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Daily Journal-- 2/9/11

"And I.. I gotta testify...."

I lazily reach my arm over and shut off my Kanye West alarm. It's another sunny Wednesday in San Diego. I push the button on my universal remote that opens up the shades. I walk out onto the balcony overlooking the beautiful beach, where people have already started playing beach volleyball games. Sean and Matt are in the kitchen, eating breakfast, and Sam is still sleeping. We talk for a while about last night, before deciding to go downtown for the day. We have tickets to the Golden State Warriors game later that night, because Stephen Curry gave me courtside seats when we had met a couple nights ago. I turn on the radio and hear some of my songs playing, but flip the channel to Shade 45. The windows are all rolled down in my BMW, and we are coasting down the interstate that runs parallel to the Pacific coastline. I remember five years ago when we first had moved out to California, after college. Matt, my best friend and now manager, was telling me how Sean and I needed to move out to Cali if we ever wanted our business to prosper. Since then, we have gained notoriety from three albums and over twenty singles. To be honest, sometimes I miss the cold. Without any severe cold weather, the summers are never as exciting as I remember them being back in Minnesota. I remember as a teenager I would where my shorts as soon as the weather turned 40 degrees. Now, I'm bundled up in sweatshirts and pants when it is anywhere below 60.

No comments:

Post a Comment