Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Daily Journal-- 2/8/11

"Why couldn't Dad just have paid for a parking pass?"
Evan and I were walking into the school from the "Loser Lot," on a cold, January day. It was about 7:25, which gave me five minutes to walk into the school, put my coat in my locker, and hurry to first hour before getting my third tardy, and a detention. I started walking at a faster pace, which was hard because the ground below me was coated in a sheet of ice. I was passing numerous clusters of people, whom were walking at the speed of molasses, and I was determined to beat the final bell. Right as I made it onto the sidewalk, my Nike shoes lost their traction and I fell flat on my back. All the people who I had passed on the path from the lot now walked by me laughing. Because I was only a freshman, I could not have imagined a more embarrassing moment. Now that I am older, though, I can look back and laugh. Not to mention, I now have a parking pass so I hopefully won't ever have to make the treacherous walk again. However, I am still constantly reminded of this moment due to my brother's re-tellings. I've come along way over the past four years, and have become a much more confident person, but also a more mature person. Due to my own experiences, if I walked by a kid who had tripped and fell, I wouldn't be the type to walk by laughing. I would be the type to offer my hand out to help him/her up. I think this embarrassing moment has turned me into a much wiser person, and taught me how to deal with ridicule.

No comments:

Post a Comment