Thursday, February 3, 2011

Daily Journal-- 2/3/11

"Alright Mom, I'm leaving."
"Have a good time Jack, be back by dinner."

I run out of the house, pick up my volleyball off of the rack, and shut the garage door. I can hear the song "Show Me The Good Life," coming out of the speakers in Matt's Jeep. I get in the car, and he backs out of the driveway, hitting his bumper on the steep slope of my driveway. On any another day, this might have made Matt livid; not today. Soup and Sam are also in the car, and Jack and Hunter are in the Honda behind us. It is a steaming hot July morning, and we're headed out to Lake Marion for the day. We brought along coolers filled with Gatorade, hot dogs, and condiments.

As we finally approach the beach, everybody is having a good time. Soup and I are rapping in the car, as Matt rolls down the windows. One thing I've learned is that no matter how hot of a day it is, rolling down the windows is a necessity in the Summer. I don't know if it is the cool breeze that comes in, or just the vibe of it, but without rolled-down windows... nobody's as happy. Matt parks his car, we get out, and he locks the doors. Of course, our volleyball court is empty. We have been to this beach so many times over the past few months, that the court is practically reserved with our names on it. We play numerous games, all ending in the phrase "double or nothing?" Finally when everyone is exhausted, we head out to the water. It's cold, but on a day like this it feels perfect. We spot Anna and Sophie further down the beach, resting in the sand. We all go to lay over there for a while, and I plug in my iPod. I fall asleep in the sand, dreaming. However, I don't remember the dream though, until I wake up.

It's six o'clock in the morning, and I step out of bed. I go to the bathroom down the hall, and splash water in my eyes. I proceed to take a quick shower, and go back to my room. I look out the window, and face reality. The snow falls on a cold, mid-January morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment