Monday, February 7, 2011

Daily Journal-- 2/7/11

I turn my head and see the lion. The king of the jungle. We're not in the jungle, though. Which raises the question, how would the king of the jungle fare when taken out of his natural habitat? How would the Queen of England fare leading the United States? This makes me smile. I'm no longer scared by the lion. I approach the lion with a grin, and he seems to sense my cynicism. The lion takes a step back, as I reach out my hand to pet the animal. He makes a quick move with his head, as if to make me think he still has the capability to attack me. I don't flinch. Now it's my turn. I make a quick head nod too, and the lion turns and starts running. I chase after the lion, but am far too slow to ever catch up to him. I don't really care if I catch him or not though, I just like the chase. That's always been the case for me. Whether referring to an indigenous species, or females, I've always enjoyed the chase better than the catch. It's like a dog chasing a mailman. If the dog ever really did catch the mailman, he'd have no idea what to do with him. It's simply a way to establish the dog's superiority over the UPS worker. That's all I am doing, as well. Though this encounter may have gone differently if we were in the jungle, I have defeated the lion. I have establish the human superiority.

No comments:

Post a Comment