Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Daily Journal-- 2/15/11

I have called many people my "best friend" in the past, when the truth is I am my own best friend. The reason I label myself "best friend" is because I fit all of the criteria. Whenever I need someone to calm me down, I calm myself down. Whenever I need someone to trust, I trust myself. If every person in my life were to leave me, I could never leave myself. That's how I know I'm my own best friend. I'm the most reliable person I have in my life, and with the exception of my family and God, everyone else is temporary. I have completely lost touch with the majority of my elementary school, and middle school friends, which makes me think that the same exact thing will happen with my high school friends when I go to college next year. Don't get me wrong, I have a lot of friends, but I think a best friend is something that you have to work for. It is a priviledge to be someone's best friend, and it is a battlefield to mantain that friendship. The problem with people these days is they just don't care that much anymore. With the numerous cliques of social groups in high school, one doesn't choose a best friend. They choose an alliance. They choose a group of kids whom will act as their safety blanket when they're ever placed in high-drama situations. That's why I stick to myself. Whenever there comes a time that I'm in serious trouble, I put more faith in myself than any other person on the planet, because nobody knows me as well as I know myself, and nobody cares about me as much as I care about myself. That's a best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment