Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Daily Journal-- 2/22/11

As we passed over the sturdy bridge connecting the harbor, and Dead Shot Bay, I took my headphones out of my ears. I wrapped them around the base of my iPod, and put the iPod into my pocket. We made our way down the narrow, dirt road that lead to my Grandma's cottage. It was a beautiful, mid-July day and we were back in the city of Detroit Lakes. Liza, our old Golden Retriever, was mulling around in the backseat, anxious to return to her favorite place. Sure enough as we approached the grey and maroon house, my Grandma opened the screen door and came walzing outside. Dad parked the Durango, and as soon as he unlocked the doors, I went running out to give my grandma a hug. We went through the ordinary routine of her telling me how much bigger I have gotten, and asking about the drive. As my dad began talking about the traffic on I-94, I snuck to the back yard with Liza. Technically, I was going to the front yard, because in Detroit Lakes they considered the front yard to be the one facing the lake. My grandma's cottage was on the largest lake in the city, "Big Detroit." There was a slight breeze today, but not enough to make the water overly-choppy. I ran out to the wooden dock, and touched the famous ceramic owl decoration. I sat down, but my legs weren't long enough to allow my feet to get wet, so I dipped a little extra distance and felt the cool water run in between my toes. Liza had already took a seat, laying down on the right side of me. Little did I know, this would one day be my paradise.

No comments:

Post a Comment