Friday, February 4, 2011

Daily Journal-- 2/4/11

I would like to thank my mom for being the one person in the world I know I can always count on. I know I have made her disappointed in recent history, but I also know that no matter how bad I screw up, she will always love me. That's not the case with most of the other people in my life. If a friend and I got in a really bad fight, or my girlfriend and I broke up, I don't know if they'd still like me, or still care as much about me. I never feel that way with my mom, because no matter what she will unconditionally love me. It's amazing to me how one person can give so much to others, but never ask for anything in return. In fact, she specifically asks for nothing in return.

As a younger kid, my mom and I used to hang out a lot more. We would go down the park and play tennis, watch TV together at night, or run errands with eachother. I'm sad to admit that the amount of time we spend together is fizzled quite considerably over the years, but she is still the sole person that I turn to when I am in need of a friend. I don't like to disclose all of my emotional problems with her, but I don't need to either. She must have some sort of motherly instinct, and knows when I could use a lift-up. My mom is going to be the hardest person for me to leave, when I go to school next year. Don't get me wrong, I will miss a lot of people, but there will just be a lot of adjustments I will need to conquer without my mother there. For example, when I am sick at home, my mom always makes me soup and waits on me for the whole day. Who will wait on me at college? It will be hard, but no matter how far away from her I am, I will still love her very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment