Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Daily Journal-- 2/23/11

I'm pretty sick of a lot of things in my life right now. I've had the same routine, minimum-wage job for about two years at Target. I remember when I first got a job how much I loved the place. Everyone was very welcoming, and a lot of people I knew ended up coming through my checkout line frequently. That was during September of 2009. Now, even a three hour-long shift seems like torture due to the extreme boredom that I experience. School, of course, has always been one of my most undesirable places to be at, but it has gotten even worse over the past month. In January, I went up to Moorhead for the day to do a scholarship competition at Concordia College. I ended up receiving the scholarship, that totaled $60,000 over four years, and now I feel no need to still be in high school. Before last night, I hadn't opened my backpack  outside of school for a month. Every class is dragged out, and weekends aren't even worth looking forward to because nothing fun ever really happens anymore. The only thing that is keeping me going during this winter, is the thought of warm weather. My two favorite things in life occur during the spring/summer months: Twins games, and beach volleyball. I think this summer will be incredible, because it will be a three-month moving out party, essentially. Most of my friends are staying in the Twin Cities area, so mainly this is a moving-out party for myself. Next year I will be surrounded by an entirely new group of people, which I think will be a very positive change for myself. I haven't enjoyed the majority of my time at Eastview High School, and I don't reckon many people have. Concordia will be a great experience for me, and hopefully I will become a much more independent, and mature human. I know I'm sort of just being whiny, and I will try to cheer myself up, but I'm just really sick of being in Eagan/Apple Valley. It's time for me to move out and explore the world on my own, without the sanctity of my home and my friends. I'm also excited for the world beyond college, when I am searching for my own career, house, and spouse. It's a very exciting future, filled with numerous possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment