Thursday, March 3, 2011

Villanelle Assignment

I traveled aimlessly up the hill.
With nothing but sorrows on my back.
My body kept pushing against my will.

Cluttered mind, of the thing that I still
needed, and all the supplies that i lacked,
But still I climbed further up on the hill.

It started off as me just searching a thrill,
Fighting through pain with my empty sack,
Finding my heart that had hidden my will,

survival tactics I figured were filled,
these hindsight feelings that now were in stacks,
All because I attempted this hill.

My feet were exhausted, my brain cells were killed,
My hands in my pockets, like they had been packed,
But still strong enough, because of my will.

My head was spinning like it was a mill,
My mouth was so dry that my lips started to crack,
I finally got to the top of the hill,
Just in time for me to pen out my will.

No comments:

Post a Comment