Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Daily Journal-- 3/8/11

"Oh, F***."

I had seen this shredder before. It was probably about a month ago when I saw this shredder, and I knew what was about to happen. The quick sharp sensation of being split in millions of little pieces, followed by a dumping into the recycling bin. I don't remember how long we sat in that recycling bin last time, but it seemed like about four whole days. I was starving for ink, and covered in various pieces of garbage that I didn't think belonged in the recycling bin in the first place. After the fourth day of hunger and exhaustion, we were picked up and taken out of the office building. We were dumped into a larger recycling bin, filled with even more pieces of shredded paper and garbage items. Our new home was on the street, but we were only there for a night. I was forced to wake up the next morning, due to the loud buzzing that stung my ears. It sounded like an elephant was blowing its trunk right on the side of the road that we were near by. A man opened the lid of the recycling bin, looked in at me, smiled, then picked up the bin. He threw us into the largest pit of recycled items I had ever seen before. It was about a ten foot fall from where the man dumped us to where we landed in the bottom of the pit. The fall knocked me unconscious, but when I woke up I was on a conveyer belt in a large factory. The factory smelled of burnt tree (and not the good kind). I was reunited with my friend paper slices on this conveyer belt, and within 5 seconds we were re-applied together, and were one, whole piece again. We were bound together by a package with about 100 other pieces of paper, and brought back to the office we were in a week prior. It's been only three days since I was brought back to the office I called home, and once again it looked like they were sending me away. All I could do now is pray that my fate was as good as it was before, and that I would somehow end up home again.

No comments:

Post a Comment