Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Daily Journal-- 3/15/11

It was time for the moment of truth. I started ripping the seal on the mustard-colored envelope. I pulled out a thick, embroidered piece of paper that was composed by a tri-fold. I opened up the folds, looked down at the paper, and jumped in the air, screaming. "YES!!" I had done it; No D's. My father promised me if I managed to keep up my grades, and mantain at least a 3.0, with no D's this semester then he would buy me a car. I was ecstatic.

When I got home that day, I showed my dad my accomplishment and he gave me a big bear hug. He told me to get in his car, because we were heading over to the Andy's Used-Car Dealership. I had never seen such a vast assortment of cars. Pick up trucks, minivans, sports cars, convertables, and even a few creeper-vans. I had no idea which one to pick, but I knew that the right one would catch my eye, and it would be a case of love at first sight. We went through row after row of old cars, and I still hadn't found my match yet. Until, out of my peripheral vision, I spotted the most glorious automobile I had ever laid eyes on. It was a giant shoe on wheels.

"Dad, I think I'm in love."

He bought the car for me, which surprisingly only cost 100 dollars. Maybe it was so inexpensive because it was a gas-guzzler. Regardless, I was very happy with the purchase. I would drive around town all day and night in that shoe-car. I named him Nike. I would take Nike to school with me, go see drive in movies with Nike, and my first time having sex was in the backseat of Nike. Undoubtedly, Nike was the best purchase I could have imagined. Not only was he sleek and stylish, he was comfortable and unique. And he was all mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment