Monday, March 28, 2011

Daily Journal-- 3/28/11

I am a spoon in a dishwasher. Everybody knows that I'm the most attractive spoon in the whole machine. Every other spoon is jealous of me because they are covered in yogurt or peanut butter stains. However, my previous existence was scooping ice cubes out of the Ice Drawer and into a cup. Although it was cold conditions that I was working in, the ice melted quickly off of my sterling silver coating. I was back to normal in no time, which made me question why I was even in the dish washer. All I needed was a couple seconds of drying in a warm towel (my favorite treatment) and I'd be good. Instead, I was stuck here with all of these imperfect spoons. It was almost insulting. It wasn't bad being a spoon. We didn't have to go through nearly as much difficult labor as a knife or fork did. However, people were always licking me, which I found disgusting. The one nice thing about being in the dishwasher was the drying, after the rinsing. The rinse was so hot that it corroded the silver coating off of one of my friends before. However, the cool breezes of air that ensued were always very enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment