Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Daily Journal-- 3/30/11

The clock winked mockingly at me. It knew I wanted it to stop moving, but I know it wouldn't adhear to my request. I wanted it to go back an hour... a day... a year. I wanted to own it, and decide when it moved forward, and when it moved backward. I watched the clock for a while. The funny thing about time is that no matter what we do, it will always run out. Sure, time is infinite, but our time isn't. So if time is so precious, how come we waste it so much? How come we waste hours of our lives stressing over meaningless material things. Why can't we just live? If I knew that my time would run out tomorrow, I would be living life to the fullest. However, I assume my time won't run out for another 60 or more years.. so I live life differently? It doesn't make sense, because no matter how we live our lives, death is inevitable. Time is bound to run out, so we our bound to time. We are all slaves of time. I was taught at a young age to budget my time well, and that time is money. Like my good friend J. Cole says "Time is money, so I cannot waste a dime or a second." We all do waste both though. This is a boring topic, sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment