Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Daily Journal-- 3/29/11

My Spring Break was not very spring-like. It consisted of watching basketball games, driving through snowy weather, and wearing winter coats; all things that are predominately done in the Winter. Sure enough, when everyone came back from their trips, the weather started to get better. However, to people who came from Mexico back to Minnesota, it probably seemed freezing. In that sense, I'm happy I didn't go anywhere for Spring Break. It sure would have sucked to come back to cold temperatures, as opposed to just experiencing consistent cold temperatures.

The Friday that school let out, I was on my way up to Moorhead, Minnesota with my brother Evan. He was accompanying me on my trip, because the next day would be the admitted freshman day at Concordia College, and I wanted someone to go with. We met up with my grandma and her boyfriend in Fargo that night, and she took us to the mall to get something to eat and buy us some new clothes. We stayed in a hotel that had a mini golf course in it, which was kind of chill. The next morning at Concordia, it was very cold and rainy. I still had a good time up there, and enjoyed seeing the campus that I would be spending my next year at. When I got home I met up with some friends and we went to Buffalo Wild Wings to watch some basketball games. I went to see the movie Limitless the next night, which sucked ass. I had work three of the nights over Spring Break, which would have been unfortunate if there was actually something better to do.

Although only a few of my friends were home over Spring Break, I definitely miss it. There was a lot of time to relax, and not have to worry about things like homework, work, or high school drama. It was a very chill break, but I do which I could have gone to Mexico or Florida and got a little bit of sunlight. The good news is that the snow is melting fairly quickly which means that I will be playing beach volleyball up at Johnny Cake in no time. I can't wait for the summer either, and all of the parties and what not. Cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment