Thursday, March 3, 2011

Daily Journal-- 3/3/11

10 Most Important Points in my Life so far:

10) Birth. If I wasn't ever born, I wouldn't even be writing this list in the first place. I think that birth is a very miraculous accomplishment, and we tend to forget about how lucky we are to even be living. To think that one sperm cell met one egg, and created me...

9) Starting Basketball. When I was in kindergarten, my dad signed me up for basketball and I never would have thought how much of a role it would play in my life, because at first I absolutely hated it. Basketball took up the majority of my elementary and middle school years, and the beginning of high school, and I still miss playing everytime I watch an Eastview game.

8) Going to Blackhawk. After elementary school, my mom gave me the choice to either go to Falcon Ridge (where a lot of my friends were going) or Blackhawk. It was a tough decision, but I ended up choosing Blackhawk, and I don't regret the decision at all, because I have made some life long friendships with the people that go there, and that place really turned me into the person I am today.

7) My first mission trip. I was never a very religious or faithful person until I went on my first mission trip after Freshman year to the Lakota Indian Reservation in South Dakota. It was a great experience, and I had never felt closer to God. I haven't lost touch with my spirituality since then.

6) Speeding ticket. It was a hot summer day, and I was anxious to get home after a Cross Country meet. I was about two blocks from my house, cruising at about 50 miles per hour on a 30 mile per hour road, when an undercover cop pulled out of the Thomas Lake parking lot and fined me 120 bucks. Needless to say, I have been a much different driver ever since.

No comments:

Post a Comment