Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Daily Journal-- 4/6/11

It was 11:30 and I was getting ready to go to lunch. I walked around the cafeteria, and found the familiar faces of my friends at a table near the south windows. I sat down, pulled out my sandwich and bag of Lays chips, and dug in. Then, I saw him rolling up. I knew what the ensuing question was going to be, and I dreaded it. He asked me, "Hey! Let me sit here."

I quickly tried to eat all of my food before he got a chance to start eating his, because I knew I was bound to lose my apetite within the first two seconds of watching him scarf down his soft-shell tacos. "He" was Tony Metz. When Tony began eating, everyone at the table tried their hardest to not gaze over in his direction. It was like watching a Pig fill his mouth with a sloppy Joe. I wondered if his parents had ever taught him the appropriate way to eat food, because he just attacked every scrap for consumption like a dog. I accidentally looked over at him just in time to see a big glob of red meat sliding down the side of his face. He opened up his mouth, filled with tortilla, cheese, and excess meat, and said "where the ladies at?" I ran out of the lunch room, with that familiar sensation of rising vomit lurking in the bottom of my throat. That's the last time I ate lunch with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment